Hmm my blog? A Liebster Award Nominee? No kidding! I was really surprised that I was picked by Dianna from WholefullyBeautiful.Com to be nominated for this year’s Liebster award. I just started my blog 2 weeks ago and I just tried my luck if I could get this nomination and hell yeah I got it! I am soo elated and inspired by this opportunity. This could be a validation that blogging and writing is really my calling.
I was nominated by Dianna who is a very inspirational blogger, and passionate with organic living and healthy lifestyle. She’s also a fellow Canadian blogger. I love how she declares her love for Life and God, just like me! Accepting and loving myself and my life is the major push that got me inspired to start my LifeofthefattyD blog and this won’t happen for sure without the guidance of God and the people that surrounds me. Dianna brings to her blog inspirational articles and recipes on how you can be the better version of yourselves by eating the right food and living the right path. She’s very inspiring that she used her blog to share her experiences and the things she learned as she battled her past hardships and experiences. If you’re someone who loves organic food ideas or wants more information about what’s good and bad for your health, go to her blog and you won’t regret the experience!
I am not actually new to the blogging universe but that being said, this is first blog that I am really working on so I can improve myself and my brand. The first blog that really inspired me to focus on fashion and beauty is none other that Cryskay of www.cryskay.com. I thought blogging is just like an online diary where you can write your heart out and people might see it and relate to you, although that is somewhat the whole point of blogging before. But when I saw cryskay’s blog, I said to myself that, blogging can be a really powerful way of expressing your passion and showcase your talent. She’s a fashion and lifestyle blogger and she takes super nice photos. I am her follower since 2011 and I still love her til now. If I can reach even half of the people that her blog does, I can say that I’ll be a very very happy blogger!
It is said that the Liebster Award nomination is a way for discovering and recognizing other bloggers, mostly the new bloggers who got what it takes to do good in what they do. It is a way to know more about new blogs, whether in the same category or niche that you are in or a blog that covers something completely new to you. It is a nice way of helping each other be discovered by others. I find this really exciting, and getting a nomination can actually be a good inspiration to others to continue what they were doing.
To start of, here are some answers to Dianna’s Questions:
What Inspired you to start a blog?
I was inspired to start my blog because I have been exposed to so manu other blogs and I told myself, why can I make my time really useful and join the bandwagon? No kidding aside! I love reading beauty blogs and I know to myself that I can also help others by sharing what I know. I also got inspired by the recent happenings in my life that I want the whole world to know that this is me, I am a fatty but who cares? Hence, that’s what my handle implies.
Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space?
When I was a kid, one of my dreams is to become an astronaut and explore the universe. I am really fascinated with stars, planets, I was even so scared of the black hole that I tried to know more about it. So definitely explore the outer space!
Does blogging replace or enhance journalling?
If we’re talking about journalling or like a diary-type thing, it definitely enhanced it! Blogging makes it possible for you to be yourself and be reached by more people who share the same interests. But if we’re talking about journalism, that’s a different story.
Name top 3 beaches that I’ve visited:
What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
Out of all my recent 6 posts (yes, only 6 as of the moment) I love my first beauty review which is the dirty works review mainly because, its my very first beauty and review post and I really believe in the brand!
- Love Food n Wine – https://lovefoodnwine.wordpress.com/
- – Suchismita is a major foodie and wine lover from India. She is very passionate with what she does and she shares recipes for food, drink mixes, and tutorial videos. You’ll for sure salivate when you see the pictures that she shared on her blog!
- Wild Nemophilist – http://wildnemophilist.com
- – Kristall is an adventure and travel blogger who blogs about her journey in exploring the earth. I like how she introduced me to the word Nemophilist! I can’t even pronounce it at first. If you’re curious on what this word means, head on to her blog! She defined it and even gives you a glimpse of it through her posts.
- Jo-Ann’s DIY – http://joanns-diy.com/en/home/
- – This page is being maintained by Anne-Kathrin, a young mother who is very interested in do-it-yourself projects. She want to inspire people and inspire people that there are things that you can make with your bare hands and it is something that you can be proud of. I am a big fan of her DIY projects so if you want to see her tutorials, please visit her blog.
- Chelsea Sayo – https://chelseasayo.wordpress.com/
- – Chelsea is a blogger who focuses on giving her feedbacks and reviews to different food, beauty products, and places in the Philippines. If you are planning to travel to the Philippines, why not see her recommendations from her blog. For sure, you’ll find helpful tips from her posts. Reading her blog made me miss my homeland for sure!
- My Motivated Mind – https://mymotivatedmind.com/
- – This inspirational blogger aims to help people through her blog, to realize what is really worth it in this life. Its all about loving life, inspiring people, or doing simple things that can make a difference. I can relate to her in a sense that, this is one of the reasons why I decided to start my blog as well. Reach out to her if you want some good and inspiring contents.
- Marisa Pennell – http://www.marisapennell.com/
Marissa maintains a motivational blog. She likes helping others by sharing some informative things like ideas, recipes, and what I love about her is her simple message, improving one’s self starts with happiness and positivity.
- Thrifty Yet Elegant – www.thriftyyetelegant.com
- Chipo is a lifestyle blogger who aims to helps students like her to find alternatives for luxury. Everything doesn’t need to be that expensive if you only know where to look. So if you’re looking for thrifting tips, visit her blog and check her informative content.
- Living a Loving Life Lifestyle Blog – https://livingalovinglife.wordpress.com
- Caroline from Living a Loving Life has a goal of relating to her readers, especially to women, in their every day lives. She’s a writer who loves life in general especially her family. Her chipotle recipe is to die for that at this hour, I am seriously craving for it!
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is the craziest thing you’ve done so far?
- If you’ll win a major TV contest, what would it be and why?
- Who or what inspires you the most to get moving with your life?
- Tricky question that’s being debated for years: Who existed first? Chicken or Egg?
- Power or Money?
- If given a chance to be anywhere in the world as of the moment, where would you be?
- What would make you quit blogging?
- What item in your life that you can’t live without and why?
- If given a chance to choose who you could have been in your past life, who would it be?
- Are you Team Batman or Team Superman?
For Those Nominated:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
- If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
Visit for more information at https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/
— you could also go to the global aussie link to find more images to use for the liebster award.